Internet Projects Registry: Over 3000 archived projects and many more upcoming projects you can join. You can also post your own projects to find collaborators.
Organizations that run collaborative projects: Global Schoolnet, sigol, iEARN, ePals, CILC, Taking it Global
Different types of collaboration:
- Pooled Data Analysis: collection of data at two or more sites
- Social Action: action-orientated, multicultural humanitarian projects that seek to accomplish beneficial results in specific locations
- Information Exchange: Collect and exchange information on a specific topic or theme: animals, etc.
- Travel Buddy: The exchange of one or more stuffed animals or toy characters, i.e. teddy bears or Flat Stanley
- Sequential Creation: classes create something, text, photo album, etc and pass it along to be added to in a sequential fashion
- Electronic Publishing: product creation by numerous students in different areas, such as a newspaper or shared stories, etc.
Collaborative Tools: don't put an emphasis on the tools because they change. Ex. Photo Show, Google Aps, Twitter, Facebook YouTube, Wikipedia, Edmodo, Sakai, Meez (create student avatars)
Facebook in Education: problems with IT Departments blocking many applications. If you can show a specific purpose (ie Fairfax Public Schools Facebook Page)
Photoshow: can broadcast in some states around the US
Collaborative Learning Centre: List of many places to start and to run a project
Filtering is Critical: Don't Get Side-Tracked
- Voice Thread