Panel presentation by: Cheryl Davis, Acalanes Union High School District with Mike Amante, Camilla Gagliolo and Lucy Gray
Recent reports and research to support mobile devices in the classroom:
- National Education Plan: Quotes: "Learning is always on... ...Mobile devices are required by all students..."
- K12 Horizon Plan: "Mobiles are an untapped resource for reaching students..."
- 60- 6 per grade level
- Math support
- Technology rich learning stations
- Science movies
- Class sets that the librarians manage
- Made stations with one laptop and a number of iPods and ipads to keep the others engaged while one student updated the class wiki for the group
-New Hartford central school division
All administrators given ipod touches, mac books and wireless hub to coordinate schedule, fill out forms (google form ex. Teacher evaluation), as well as record audio and use dication apps to be more productive.
- MacArthur foundation- Digital media
- Kaiser Family Foundation
- The Joan Ganz Cooney Foundation
- PBS Kids
- Classroom 2.0 Anecdotal Research