Traditionally school was about being good consumers - "Tell me about..."
Meaning Makers and Media Makers: Stop the go forth and make something using technology push and stop and ensure that there is a demonstration of understanding in the project. Compare and Contrast would be a higher level of thinking (demonstration) then a simple fact telling video.
- Higher Order of Thinking: Rigor, Questionning.org, Types of Communication
- Engaged Learners: Choices, Curiosity, Affinity, Student Centered (Owned or Driven)
- Authenticity:Useful & Beneficial, Context, Collaborative, Real World Challenges (Drawing Conclusions)
- Technology: Modes & Tools, Added-Value, Transforming Uses
It's a process!
- Writing a narrative Script
- Planning the Project
- Organizing Project Folders
- Making the Voiceover
- Gathering and Preparing Media Resources
- Putting it all together
- Applause, Applause
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
Digital Scoring Guide for scoring digital products: Data base to make up rubrics for digital projects: http://www.digitales.us/evaluating/scoring_guide.php
About What?: Asking Questions
- So What: Decision
- Now What: Action Plan
- What IF: Invention