Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Digital ePortfolios Presentation at IT Summit 2009

Presented by: Michelle Morley and Debbie Ivanochko

Session Link: http://gssd.ca - k-8 online resources - Presentations

My notes:
Three parts to the portfolio:
  • to show growth
  • to show a achievement
  • to show competence
Digital literacy portfolios are a way of presenting individual student work that is stored in digital form.

Sharepoint was used to host the eportfolios.
If a teacher logs on, they see all of their students.
If a parent logs on, they only see their child's work.

The Benefits:
  • Provides a richer view of a child's learning.
  • Provides an explanation of learning expectations.
  • Increases communication with parents.
  • May assist in the providing information to Student Services Coordinators.
  • Assists in the assessment for and of learning.

3 comments:

  1. Joanna, I was just at Bill Campell's Blog and I noticed that you guys are using the same template. It must be a standard "blogger" template, but I love it because it is so easy on the eyes. Anyway I wanted to thank you for adding your twitter name to the Ed Tech Tweeps going to NECC 2009. I hope you decided to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna I was just at Bill Campell's Blog and I noticed you are both using the same template from Blogger. Don't ever change it, it is so easy on the eyes. Thanks for adding yourself to the list of Ed Tech Tweeps going to NECC 2009. I hope you decided to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliments on my blog Joe. I haven't decided if I'm coming to NECC yet, but I'm looking in to it. Flight costs out of Regina are a lot of money. I will let you know if I get to go!

    ReplyDelete