NECC Session: Totally Cool Google Tools
by Tammy Worcester
- iGoogle page – personalized portal for information
- Blogger – as many blogs as you want with push button publishing customized to your style and needs or wants.
- Gmail – use to log into your google account
- Google Documents – allow anyone to edit, share or use the document
- Google Forms – make up questionnaires or gather information and have it input directly into a spreadsheet. This form can be located on a website or embedded on a blog,
- Show summary – google spreadsheet will graph or count your information and display it for you. Use one form with blanks and a name blank
- Backwards Google to prank a colleague – elgoog
- Google Maps – type in an address and use the “search nearby” to locate hotels and restaurants and have it send it to your phone's text
- Google Calendar – Use as a day planner for lessons and assignments – view as agenda
- Google Alerts – search your name as it appears on the web.