Saturday, February 7, 2009

Great digital storytelling workshops over the years

Over the past few years, I've been lucky to have had the opportunity to attend a number of workshops on the use of educational technology in my classroom. I have had many favourites, but the ones I enjoyed the most were when I had the chance to produce something I could share with others later. During my workshops on digital storytelling with Dean Shareski, I got to make a number of digital stories I like to use as models for my students. Here are a few of the products produced during two summer short courses in 2006 and 2007...

A MasterCard ad that was made using Power Point slides and PhotoStory:


Using the same programs, I also made an Aboriginal Art Story that is linked to the Grade 5 Saskatchewan Social Studies Curriculum:

English version:



French version:


My friend and fellow teacher, Terry Pon and I created a video for his library orientation using Windows Movie Maker. I hope he doesn't mind me sharing it on here. It got rave reviews from the students:



The following summer, I got to make an "all about me" type video using Google Earth, Powerpoint and Photo Story:




These projects have definately served as inspiration on how to incorporate technology into my teaching. In fact, digital storytelling is not only a professional persuit, it has also become a personal pursuit as well. In future blog posts, I will share some of my students' work and some of my other personal projects. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment