Thursday, December 10, 2009

We won the Best Buy "Best in Class" Contest

Today, my Grade 7 class and I were happy to accept a gift card from Best Buy worth $20,000 for our video and technology proposal we submitted to the Best Buy "Best in Class" Fund. I wrote about our submission in October on my blog: My Life, our Future - Ma vie, notre futur. If you haven't already checked out our video, please do! My students are very proud of our collective writing project. We were one of 15 classes to be awarded with this prize from across Canada.

We are planning on making our classroom virtually paperless with the purchase of a class set of ipod touches, netbooks for all of the students to use and recording equipment so that we can have our own weekly podcast show. Stay tuned to see what we will create with all of our new technology. We are very excited to go shopping and to get started on our new learning adventure in 2010.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Joanna - that's a great accomplishment. I'm sure your kids are sooo excited to have won! I look forward to seeing what you will produce with your kids in the future! Awesome work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Please continue to share your learning journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Neil and Dean. It hasn't all sunk in yet. I will keep you posted with what we produce!

    ReplyDelete